- Checking of new bibliographic/item records – Richard
- Provisional authorities
- Provisional personal authors (100, 700) – Sinead
- Provisional corporate authors (110, 710) – Richard
- Provisional classmarks (084) – Dan
- Provisional publisher (264) – Caroline
- Provisional series (830) – Catherine
- Provisional subject headings (650) – Elaine / Catherine
- Provisional Wessex subject terms (650) – Catherine
- Orphan books – Sinead
- Import ClinicalKey marc records – Richard
- Import EBSCO nursing records – Catherine
- E-book collections with items older than 10 years – run reports in January each year
- Oxford handbooks (Catherine)
- Kortext (Elaine)
Running monthly task reports
Go to AFO143 and select the Provisional Authorities report. Use the parameters below:
Personal authors (100, 700)
- Database equal to: 495
- Publish profile: AuthProvAuthors
Corporate authors (110, 710)
- Database equal to: 494
- Publish profile: AuthProvCorp
- Database equal to: 7998
- Publish profile: AuthProvClassmarks
- Database equal to: 7996
- Publish profile: AuthProvPublishers
Subject terms (650)
- Database equal to: 499
- Publish profile: AuthProvSubject
- Database equal to: 492
- Publish profile: AuthProvSeries
See document below for full instructions on how to run the reports and manage the authority records
Sublocations need to be created per location (it is not possible to create a sublocation and apply it globally).
On the homescreen, click on Change Institution/Location and select the location which has requested the new sublocation:
Go to AFO613. If the sublocation isn’t already created (check first), then click on New Sublocation:
Enter a short code in capitals in the Sublocation Code field, then write it out in full in all the other boxes and save:
We currently have the following optional fields created:
- Retention note (optional field 1)
- Restricted shelf (optional field 2)
- Note for loan (optional field 3)
- Special collections (optional field 4)
- EXE-ITEMDATA $e (optional field 5)
- EXE-STATUS $s (optional field 6)
- EXE-VOLUME $c (optional field 7)
To create a new optional field, go to AFO469.
Select Item Definition Settings:
Click on Optional Fields:
Click on the next available optional field (make a note of which number optional field you picked).
Enter the following parameters and click OK:
- Wording [eng] = enter what you want this field to be called
- Data type = Combo
Go back to the Item Management Parameters screen and select Data to be Entered:
In the Optional Fields box, make sure the new optional field you created is displayed. Do the same for Data to be Corrected and Data to be Displayed:
Go back to the Item Management Parameters screen and select Item Authority Lists:
In the drop-down, select the Optional Field number you just modified in the steps above.
Enter a short code for this, then put the full title into field 100 next to all the languages. Save the record.
If you still encounter an error message after unlocking it, we need to report this to Axiell. Depending on the circumstances in which it was locked, sometimes we are unable to unlock them fully and Axiell need to do this on their server.
Note – sometimes a record will unlock itself after around 45 minutes or overnight.
Use these instructions if someone has requested a labelled copy of an existing template.
Go to AFO153.
Click in the tickbox next to the template you’d like to make a labelled version of, then click on the Copy Template icon to make a copy:
Use the following parameters:
- Template name = Enter the name of the template you are copying, then add Labelled to the end
- Template type = Public
- Comments = leave blank
Click on OK.
It is possible to switch the view between the normal marc-coded screen and the screen detailing the full labels rather than the marc codes, i.e. from this:
Go to AFO111.
Find the record. On the Full Record screen, click on the Modify Technical Information icon:
Change to template to either BookTemplate or BookTemplateLabelled as required to alter the display: